The iPod Touch 4 is an excellent portable device for recording the best moments on the go. If you've shot lots of photos on your iPod Touch, you may want to transfer them to your computer for backup. To make a step further, why not make a DVD slideshow of your great photos to bring them to life? If your Windows computer has Windows DVD Maker pre-installed, you do not even need to find a DVD slideshow Maker, which may cost you dollars as well.
So the only trouble is to download the photos from iPod Touch to computer. Anyway you can follow the steps below to get iPod photos over to computer:
This method seems to be very simple, but you need to note that the photos are stored in numerous folders with unmeaningful names in your device, which makes it hard to organize photos and find the photos you need, especially when there are a great number of photos. Besides, what if there's no cable available? You know, many iPod/iPhone fans dislike connecting their devices with computers to sync photos, videos, apps and more.
The easier way is to make use of the wi-fi connection. The iOS app named Wireless Transfer App exactly takes advantage of Wi-Fi network to transfer photos and videos between iPod Touch and computer. Now let me show you how to transfer photos from iPod Touch to computer using Wireless Transfer App and burn iPod Touch photos to DVD in Windows DVD Maker.
1. Transfer videos from iPod Touch to computer using Wireless Transfer App
1) Download and install Wireless Transfer App to your iPod Touch
2) Make sure your iPod Touch and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3) Run Wireless Transfer App on your iPod Touch.
4) Find the http address at the bottom of the screen.
5) Open a web browser in your computer and type the address exactly as that appears on your iPod Touch (including the colon and the following port number).
6) The browser will list all the photos and videos in your iPod Touch.
7) Select and download the photos you want to burn to DVD.
2. Burn iPod Touch photos to DVD in Windows DVD Maker
After your iPod Touch photos are saved to your computer hard drive, you can launch Windows DVD Maker and import them into your Windows DVD Maker project for burning to DVD.