You may need to move photos and videos taken with your iPhone to your Mac hard drive from time to time, as you want to save your iPhone capacity. You may also want to create slide shows with your great iPhone photos and video clips in your iMovie on Mac or burn them onto DVD's in iDVD. So what's the best and easiest way to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Mac?
If your USB cable is available, it is very easy and fast to move iPhone photos and videos to Mac so long as iPhoto has been installed to your Mac.
What is iPhoto for Mac?
iPhoto is designed to allow the importing of pictures from digital cameras, scanners, picture CDs and the Internet to a user's iPhoto Library. Almost all digital cameras are recognized without additional software, as are many scanners. iPhoto supports most common image file formats.
After photos are imported, they can be titled, labeled, sorted and organized into groups (known as "events"). Individual photos can be edited with basic image manipulation tools, such as a red-eye filter, contrast and brightness adjustments, cropping and resizing tools, and other basic functions. iPhoto does not, however, provide the comprehensive editing functionality of programs such as GIMP, Apple's own Aperture, or Adobe's Photoshop (not to be confused with Photoshop Elements or Album).
Since the Apple iPhone also works as an HD digital camera, you can certainly import pictures and videos shot with iPhone to your iPhoto library. Now let me show you how to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Mac using iPhoto:
1. Connect your iPhone with your Mac via cable
2. Run iPhoto on your Mac and find your iPhone in the left panel under DEVICES
3. Choose to import selected or all photos and videos into iPhoto library
4. Switch to the Last Import tab. Press Edit -> Select All and then press Edit -> Copy to copy all photos and videos you just imported from your iPhone
5. Go to Finder, press Edit -> Paste XX Items and paste the imported photos and videos to your Mac hard drive
In case your cable isn't at hand and there's wifi network around, you may download the iOS app Wireless Transfer App to help you easily get iPhone photos transferred to your Mac hard drive.