You may need to move photos and videos shot with your iPad camera to your Mac hard drive from time to time, as they have taken up much of your iPad capacity. You may also want to create slide shows with your great iPad photos and videos in your iMovie on Mac or burn them onto DVD's in iDVD. So what's the best and easiest way to transfer photos and videos from iPad to Mac?
In this article, I'd like to show you how to get your photos and videos transferred from iPad to Mac in two different ways. You can choose to transfer photos and videos from iPad to Mac either with or without cable.
1. Transfer photos and videos from iPad to Mac with cable (using iPhoto)
If your cable is available, it is very easy and fast to move iPad photos and videos to Mac so long as iPhoto has been installed to your Mac.
1) Connect your iPad with your Mac via cable
2) Run iPhoto on your Mac and find your device in the left panel under DEVICES
3) Choose to import selected or all photos and videos into iPhoto library
4) Switch to the Last Import tab. Press Edit -> Select All and then press Edit -> Copy to copy all photos and videos you just imported from your iPad
5) Go to Finder, press Edit -> Paste XX Items and paste the imported photos and videos to your Mac hard drive
2. Transfer photos and videos from iPad to Mac without cable (via wifi)
In case your cable isn't at hand, you may also get your iPad photos and videos transferred via wifi instantly. You just need to have Wireless Transfer App installed on your iPad and make sure your iPad and your Mac are connected to the same wifi network.
1) Download and install Wireless Transfer App on your iPad.
2) Tap the Send button in the welcome screen and then choose to send photos & videos to Computer
3) Open a web browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) on your Mac and type the http url as shown in the iPad screen into the address bar of the browser
4) Then you will find all your iPad photos and videos will show on the screen of the browser
5) Then you can choose to download selected or all photos and videos to your Mac