If you own both an iPhone and an iPad and have iMovie installed on both devices, you may want to edit pictures shot with your devices in iMovie from time to time. Yet, the screen of the iPad is bigger than that of the iPhone and it would be a better experience to make a slideshow of pictures in iMovie on the iPad. So if you have pictures shot with your iPhone and you'd like to create a slideshow movie with them on iMovie for iPad, you need to transfer the pics from iPhone to iPad first. And if there are only one or several pics you need to import into iMovie, you can just send them via email or iMessage on your iPhone and then receive and save them on your iPad. Otherwise, you may download pictures from your iPhone to your iPad in the following way:
1. Connect your iPhone to my PC via cable
2. Copy the photos from your iPhone to your PC
3. Connect your iPad to your PC via cable
4. Launch iTunes
5. Transfer the photos from your PC to your iPad with the sync of iTunes
Obviously, regarding the lengthy steps, this iTunes+cable method is inadvisable. Besides, if you view iPhone photos on your PC, you will find they are unorganized with numerous folders. It is hard to get the photos you really need.
The iOS app Wireless Transfer App can help you transfer pictures from iPhone to iPad wirelessly and instantly. It is especially helpful if you have a great number of pics ready to be transferred. Wireless Transfer App utilizes wifi connection to transfer photos and videos between Apple devices. You never need iTunes or USB cable again. Below is the iTunes preview link:
So how does it work? Let's take a look at how it performs to transfer pics from iPhone to iPad using Wireless Transfer App.
1. Download and install Wireless Transfer App on both devices.
2. Check whether both devices are connected to the same wifi network.
3. Run Wireless Transfer App on both devices.
4. Tap the "Receive" button on your iPad and find the device name of your iPhone.
5. Tap the device name of your iPhone and get all your iPhone photos and videos listed.
6. Select the pictures you want to transfer and start downloading them to your iPad.
That's really easy! Then you just launch the iMovie app on your iPad, import pictures transferred from your iPhone into your iMovie project and then start building your masterpiece.